Throughout his career, Hans has discovered the importance of safety as a core value.
- Having spent 30 years of his 36 year career working with a major oil company, Hans has an extensive background in specific organizational culture improvement.
- As a veteran of safety prioritization, Hans is skilled not only in preventing incidents, but also in improving business strategy.
- Having spent the majority of his career in in Retail Asset Management, Hans has several notable successes:
- Hans re-built and maintained 5,000 petrol stations throughout EMEA, working with and leading a large organization in 10+ countries, with more than 100 contractors, and more than 12,000 first-line workers. Much of the work performed was higher risk work, on remote locations, with little or no supervision.
- After the organization was confronted with a series of serious incidents, including a fatality, Hans was tasked to lead a cultural change throughout EMEA resulting in achieving zero SIFs. This was achieved through restructuring safety systems, focusing on higher risk activities, increasing safety culture from the top-down, implementing safety programs, and coaching at all levels.
- Throughout his career Hans has gained extensive experience in over 14 different functions, 12 of which were performed with a major oil company. These functions varied from Procurement Buyer, Engineering Project Lead, Technology Manager Benelux, Engineering Manager Benelux & France, Benelux Network Planner & Real Estate Manager, and EMEA Safety Advisor, to EMEA Construction & Maintenance Manager.
- Having obtained his Mechanical Engineering degree from the Institute of Technology, HTS in Eindhoven, Hans continued to further his education by taking training courses in subjects such as Safety Culture Ladder, VVA 1 and 2, Operations Integrity, and various safety and human performance focused training.
- His native language is Dutch, he is fluent in English, and has an elementary understanding of German.