Kimberlee Acker, PhD, is committed to creating extraordinary safety performance in individuals and organizations. Since 2000, Kim has worked with U.S. and multinational companies to design and lead performance improvement strategies that build safety leadership capability, improve company culture, and reinforce positive safety practices from the C-suite to the shop floor.
- For more than 15 years, Kim’s work as an external consultant has focused on both the business and the human side of performance, helping clients improve their safety leadership, organizational culture, and bottom-line. Some of her more notable successes include:
- An executive from a Fortune 500 energy company experienced operational improvements resulting in additional annual revenue of more than $10 million as a result of Kim’s coaching in a safety and performance improvement engagement.
- Kim consulted with a senior leader in a Fortune 500 oil and gas company to begin coaching his own team with strategic safety messaging to align and coordinate actions, creating a higher-quality workforce with a dramatically improved organizational culture.
- A Fortune 1000 company in the railway industry experiencing significant injuries at several locations received Kim’s safety leadership coaching. Through customized safety workshops that identified and improved the leadership styles of senior and mid-level supervisors, an 83% reduction in recordable injuries was achieved.
- An experienced project manager, Kim’s international consulting work includes collaborating on safety and performance improvement with a team of leadership consultants on a $18 billion construction project in Papua New Guinea. She also facilitated safety leadership workshops for managers and supervisors in Australia and Europe. Additionally, she helped design and implement stakeholder engagement strategies for global mining companies in Tanzania and the Philippines.
- She is experienced in a wide variety of industries, including oil and gas, mining, manufacturing, technology, medical, pharmaceutical, transportation, construction, military, and government.
- A trusted coach and advisor, Kim helps businesses, from executives to front-line supervisors, better understand their strengths and challenges and develop strategies for individual growth. Her focus on impactful day-to-day communications, timely feedback and establishing trust and credibility are core leadership components that directly improve safety outcomes.
- Kim holds a PhD in Human and Organization Systems, a Masters degree in Organizational Development and a Bachelor of Science in Psychology. As a committed life-long learner, she has received further certifications as an Associate Certified Coach (ACC) and is a qualified Project Management Professional (PMP).