Paul McIntyre has delivered value added results across a diverse portfolio of senior management and executive roles in world class organizations like Shell, BHP, BP and Worley. He has helped these organizations improve safety, leadership, HR effectiveness and operational performance. He brings a hands on, results oriented and relational approach to improving safety leadership, culture, and performance. Paul is personally passionate about reducing serious injuries and fatalities as he has direct experiences with his father and co-workers being seriously injured or killed in incidents.
- During Paul’s career, he has led and influenced leadership, workplace culture, HR and organizational performance improvements. Some examples of his results and contributions are:
- Transformation of a highly militant labor and management relations culture resulting in a 90% reduction in formal grievances, zero formal arbitrations and completion of contract labor negotiations three months prior to contract expiration. Increased trust with the United Steelworkers at this site by leading a root cause serious injury incident investigation.
- Influenced the Executive Committee of a global company to design and implement a safety specific culture assessment model leading to leadership assessments and improved safety performance in various sites and divisions.
- Led design and execution of employee engagement interventions to address gaps in people leadership identified by a “people assurance survey.” Closed gaps and improved survey results by 30% and business units’ operational performance achieved best in class internal results.
- Paul has worked globally (London, Mumbai and Australia) in organization and leadership development, executive coaching, Human Resources, labor relations and safety leadership roles. His roles have required him to work and deliver from the front-line level up to and including CEO and COO levels.
- Paul has served in key leadership roles in two serious injury and fatality incident responses which were highly visible and global in nature. He brings his learning from these incidents to enable others to learn and improve their risk management mitigation performance in safety matters.
- Paul holds bachelor’s and master’s degrees from Indiana University of Pennsylvania (IUP). As an undergraduate, he majored in Public Administration & Human Resources Management. His master’s degree was in Industrial and Labor Relations. He has completed extended executive education programs at UCLA, MIT and Cornell.