Philippe is a seasoned senior international human resource management professional and brings practical business and people solutions to every organization he works with. For the past 30 years he has helped major companies work on people and organizational development, safety culture transformation, leadership development, and executive coaching. Philippe has experience working with people at all levels from front-line employees to high-ranking executives and in various industries from chemical and metals to oil and gas.
- Philippe worked for Bekaert (a $4 billion, 30,000-person, worldwide organization) for 8 years as their VP of HR, Global Talent Learning and Organizational Development. While at Bekaert, Philippe:
- Led a reorganization, designed and rolled out a target setting cascade program to help ensure business performance and alignment, simplified talent and potential assessment, and led talent management and succession planning programs for top management.
- Created a Global Health & Safety Council with senior safety executives from international companies.
- Worked with senior executives and the HSE team to create a safer environment through the design training, and implementation of a BeCare (behavioral safety) safety initiative program which was based on behavioral, cultural, and leadership change.
- Added to the positive impact of running leadership development workshops by personally coaching executives and regional executive teams to enhance overall efficiency.
- Prior to Bekaert, Philippe spent 22 years at Shell. Starting as a technologist, he later assumed the role of financial controller, then took on several senior HR positions at both the business unit and corporate level. During his time at Shell Philippe:
- Implemented major organizational changes to successfully mitigate any business disruptions due to the divestment of a large unionized petrochemical site in France.
- Provided strategic HR direction and leadership for the HSSE organization as part of a global restructuring of over 3,500 employees working in over 100 countries.
- Defined strategy to ensure deep bench strength within the HSSE skill pool.
- Philippe is known as a respected leader with excellent communication and interpersonal skills. He has a strong track record in leading and delivering enhanced performance through effective step changes with people, teams, and organizations.
- Philippe is fluent in English, French and Dutch. He has lived in the UK, Netherlands, Belgium and France, and worked in Europe, Asia, and the Americas. Philippe holds a master’s degree in Mechanical Engineering from the Catholic University of Louvain la Neuve in Belgium and is a member of the International Coaching Federation.