Rick Mire has been leading improvement in safety, environmental, and operational performance for over 40 years. As an EHS professional and manager for ExxonMobil at the site, regional and corporate level, he brings experience with a proactive, hands on, practical approach to improving safety, environmental, operational and C-suite leadership, culture, and performance.
- Rick spent over 35 years working in all facets of the integrated petroleum business – first with Mobil and then with ExxonMobil. He worked in upstream, downstream, chemicals, capital projects and corporate organizations in operations, engineering, safety, environmental and business development roles.
- Rick’s work includes full-time assignments in multiple countries in the Americas, Europe and the Middle East, and fly-in support to over 40 countries.
- Rick spent the last 12 years of his career with ExxonMobil as the Corporate Environment Manager providing leadership, program oversight, and guidance to all levels of management.
- Rick has significant global experience with business development, acquisitions, divestments and mergers, and the associated organizational, cultural, and liability challenges.
- Sought-after as a leadership coach, trusted advisor and mentor, Rick works with all levels of managers from front-line supervisors to CEOs. He understands organizational change comes from a thorough and honest assessment of strengths and weaknesses and uses that data to develop strategies for safety, environmental, and operational improvement.
- Rick has direct, hands-on experience gaining real employee buy-in and support for improved , environmental and operational performance.
- Rick has served as a board member for the Wildlife Habitat Council, as a board member and chair of the International Petroleum Industry Environmental Conservation Association and represented ExxonMobil in the Conservation International – Sustainability & Business Council, the American National Standards Institute – ISO Council, and the American Petroleum Institute.
- Rick holds a master’s degree in Safety Management from the University of Southern California and a bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering from Tulane University, and is a Licensed Professional Engineer in the State of Louisiana, a Certified Safety Professional, a Diplomate in Environmental Engineering and formerly, a Certified Industrial Hygienist.