Walter Blassioli, Jr.
Walter is a seasoned EHS professional. Having worked with multinational organizations in a wide variety of industries for over 30 years, he brings extensive operational and executive experience, as well as expertise in culture change and developing transformative strategies.
- Walter has experience working at all levels, from supporting operations in Latin America to working directly with C-level leaders worldwide, and in practically every industry from manufacturing and construction, to mining and retail, to foods and healthcare. Some of his most notable successes over the years include:
- 1999 Chairman’s Award for the creation and worldwide implementation of the CASE Integrated Health & Safety System.
- Recognition for more than 1 million hours worked without lost time at multiple facilities. The lost time frequency rate (LTIFR) went from 8.20 in 2006 to 0.81 in 2013.
- As a consultant for a major consulting firm, he led the “Petrobras project of Excellence in SHE,” from diagnosis to implementation, for the petroleum exploration and production area of a refinery.
- During the Coronavirus pandemic he was a member of the crisis committee which implemented preventive and remediation actions, and supported the home office and resumption of activities plan. The EHS team had an outstanding performance by monitoring and supporting all cases of COVID-19, with more than 100,000 face-to-face and telemedicine medical care and periodic examinations.
- Developed a strategy to transform EHS culture into a value for an organization, by implementing behavior change programs and involving employees, contractors, and leaders. He encouraged leaders at all levels to lead, act visibly, and take responsibility for EHS. This resulted in 91% of employees agreeing that EHS was a company value.
- Successfully established, implemented, and sustained EHS management systems (OHSAS 18001, ISO 14000) while complying with company global directives and standards, local laws, and world-wide best practices.
- Walter has facilitated trainings, meetings, and seminars all over the world and in his spare time applies his skills to volunteering as a mentor for “Us for Them”, a Collaborative Mentoring Program for Women by the Vasselo Godoni Institute. He is dedicated to helping others develop skills and competencies, identify paths to professional opportunities, and improve their overall performance to build their careers and businesses.
- Walter holds both a bachelor’s degree and post-graduate degree in Civil Engineering and Business Administration from Mackenzie University, as well a degree in Environmental Management from the University of Sao Paulo (Public Health University), and just concluded an Executive MBA in ESG and Impact from Trevisan Escola de Negócios. He is fluent in English (University of Cambridge), advanced in Spanish, and native in Portuguese.