Rob Hoyle has partnered with global private enterprises and governmental organizations to strengthen safety leadership and enhance organizational culture.
- In a career that spans four decades, Rob has worked as a consultant, a trusted advisor, and a business owner, to build strong organizational cultures. He has directed and participated in management and safety leadership projects as a consultant to many industries, including mining, automobiles, agriculture, utilities, chemical/pharmaceutical, marine and oil & gas. Rob also spent 15 years building and expanding his own business in the environmentally sensitive marine industry. Some of his Rob’s most notable successes include:
- Rob led a team at major oil & gas company that helped the Deepwater organization reduce recordable injury rates by 60% in an 18-month period.
- Rob founded and grew a marine services company from $1 to $7.0 million in revenues. As founder, owner, and manager, he raised equity and bank financing, led two major acquisitions, a new 40,000 sf ‘state of the art’ marine repair facility and managed 250,000 square feet (sf) of facilities and growing employee from 3 to 65.
- Rob helped develop and implement a Serious Injury and Fatality (SIF) process for a global drilling company. They reduced SIF potential from 31% to 13% of recordable injuries over a three-year period.
- Rob led a multi-year effort at a global safety consulting organization focused on developing a data-driven organizational safety leadership assessment tool. The tool is designed to evaluate/assess the executive and field leadership team’s priorities, commitment, and engagement in shaping a strong, proactive, highly functioning culture. The output of the assessment is a collaborative strategic roadmap to design, develop and implement cultural and leadership process to improve the organization. To date, the assessment tool has been used in partnership with 35 organizations to develop a strategic roadmap for culture change.
- Rob served as a group manager for the occupational safety and health unit of Arthur D. Little, Inc an international consulting firm in Cambridge, MA. In this role he was responsible for contributing an incremental $2mm to the division’s revenues. There, he carried out technical and program assessment projects for both private sector and government clients.
- Early in his career, Rob was a safety professional and industrial hygienist for Nalco Chemical, a multinational specialty chemical company, where his role included designing and implementing EHS programs for research and development and chemical process facilities.
- Rob earned a master’s degree in environmental science and occupational health from the University of Illinois, and a bachelor’s degree from Yale University.