Filip has 20 years of professional experience, 10 years of which were in the safety field, working with senior executives on the development and execution of strategic safety improvement initiatives based on behavioral, cultural, and leadership change.
- For the last 10 years, Filip has helped several global organizations headquartered in EMEA develop and implement strategies to create a step-change in their safety performance and culture. Some of his most notable successes include:
- A 400-employee paint plant achieved a reduction of their Total Reportable Injury Rate of 92% after two years, an improvement which has been sustained since then.
- A 200-employee marine cargo terminal reduced their injury rate by 25% after the first year and has continued to improve ever since.
- A clean room with over 1,500 employees has seen a reduction in their injury rate as well as an improvement in their operational performance following a three year program focusing on safety leadership with their 200 leaders.
- Sought-after for his valuable insights, Filip has led multiple global assessments across all continents and Business Units, and helped front-line, senior and executive leaders develop not only meaningful strategies resulting in real and sustainable safety improvements, but also their individual role in supporting these initiatives and becoming strong (safety) leaders through individual coaching.
- Filip is a highly regarded speaker who presents on employee engagement, safety and culture topics throughout Europe. His recent presentations include a discussion about safety attitude versus behavior during the annual Belgium Construction Forum, “Creating a Culture of Commitment to reduce exposure to risk in Public Transportation” at the Rail Technology Conference in Paris, and “Fatality Prevention: rethinking traditional approaches to high-severity and fatal events” at the 8th International Conference Working on Safety in Porto.
- During the first 10 years of his career, Filip gained extensive experience in the construction and dredging industry, where he managed projects under difficult circumstances in remote areas across the world.
- Filip has worked with organizations in oil & gas, chemicals, utilities, mining, construction, tehcnology and shipping, from front-line employees to the chief executive officers.
- Filip has lived and worked in Europe, Asia, Africa, the Middle East and the Americas. Filip holds a master’s degree in Civil Construction from the Catholic University of Leuven in Belgium, is fluent in Dutch, English and French, and conversant in Italian.