Rick Hilton brings over 30 years of safety and health expertise in the manufacturing and corporate environments. He has led EHS improvements in risk management, the quality of management systems, and in cultural excellence through leadership engagement.
- Rick’s contributions at a 90,000 employee international corporation include the following milestones:
- Developed and led a risk-based approach for hazard management. The process identified high-risk issues from incidents, near-miss events, potential hazard reports, audits, and inspections. A standardized risk assessment tool was created and used to prioritize hazard control action items for those issues. This process led to a 40% reduction in the SIF rate in less than two years.
- Led the development of a global EHS incident management system with data collection features for risk assessments. This improved the use of leading indicators and metrics for safety and health performance. It was further enhanced to document and measure leadership engagement activities that promote cultural excellence.
- Rick has been an active participant in peer organizations that foster the advancement of innovative safety and health principles. At ORCHSE Strategies, he was a contributing member of the steering team for the international EHS forum. Rick has presented at conference events such as ASSP PDC and AIChE and has been published in Professional Safety, Best Practices, for SIF prevention.
- Rick’s broad work experience includes industrial settings in chemicals, films and plastics, ceramics, electronics, health and safety products, and mining.
Rick holds a bachelor’s degree in chemistry and pre-med from Pfeiffer University in North Carolina. He has been a Certified Safety Professional and ASSP Professional Member since 1993.