Brian Daschbach, Sr.
Brian Daschbach has enjoyed a long engineering and leadership career in the utility industry that has extended to more than 35 years of service in technical, management, and senior executive-level utility roles and involving all facets of gas and electric transmission and distribution engineering, construction, operations, and maintenance. After a long career at Baltimore Gas and Electric (BGE), Brian retired as Senior Vice President – Integrated Field Services (BGE) and Vice President (Exelon). This role saw Brian provide executive leadership to the integrated field services team, BGE’s largest division, comprised of more than 1,450 utility employees and 2,000 contractors. Brian’s team was responsible for gas and electric transmission, substation and distribution construction, operations, maintenance, and vegetation management operations within BGE’s 2,300 square mile service territory.
Notable areas of his senior executive competence and achievement include:
- Advancement from utility industry second quartile to top decile OSHA personnel safety performance in less than three years.
- Safe, efficient, and effective execution and control of complex gas and electric Capital ($700+ Million) and Operations and Maintenance ($750+ Million) annual programs.
- Industry leading achievements in human error performance improvement, including development of first NERC-endorsed Human Error Prevention toolkit for use by field technicians in critical bulk power substation environments.
- Executive leadership of significant incident (crisis) management, including performing Executive Storm Management roles in response to impacts of Hurricanes Floyd, Isabel, Irene, Ivan, Ike, Jeanne and Sandy. All of these major storm events resulted in the procurement, deployment, and effective use of mutual assistance utility and contractor resources in major electric system restoration efforts.
- Innovation and development of BGE ‘center of excellence’ model for combined gas and electric operations under single executive sponsorship.
- Extensive cross training and cross-utilization of craft personnel for Advanced Metering (SmartGrid) deployment, gas emergency response, and electric primary and secondary repair and restoration.
Since his retirement from Exelon, Brian has performed in multiple successful consulting engagements, providing senior executive-level guidance in the areas of utility operations, management, safety and human performance improvement to utilities and other clients in the gas and electric utility sectors.
Brian holds a Bachelor’s in Electrical Engineering degree from the Georgia Institute of Technology and has completed the Rutgers Program for Senior Management Development.