Joris is a psychologist who specializes in behavioral science with a key focus on health and safety. He has over 25 years of professional experience helping major global organizations in mining, construction, and oil and gas with assessments, developing and improving safety management systems, and training and coaching people at all levels within the organization from front-line employees to senior executives.
- During his career Joris has been responsible for developing training and safety programs at Shell, BP, and ExxonMobil.
- Joris has also developed procurement packages for contractor management, with a particular focus on safety and safety management.
- With his clear and direct approach to working with people, he has successfully trained front-line workers and managers, project engineers, and senior leaders, and developed and elevated the individual skills of project engineers and contractors through executive coaching.
- Some of his most notable career successes include:
- An assessment of the safety culture at a multinational chemical plant with 3,500 employers.
- Face to face coaching of a 100-member team of senior managers.
- Development and implementation of a behavior-based safety system in the oil and gas industry for the construction of retail petrol stations in Europe, Asia, Africa, South America, and Canada.
- Training more than 400 managers on how to create enhanced safety leadership.
- An assessment of the impact of safety culture on the efficiency of teams and how it motivates workers and management.
- Coaching over 1,000 front-line leaders in the oil and gas industry and delivering training in over 20 countries.
- Helping a global mining company transform its culture to help create a sense of psychological safety for the workforce.
- Joris has worked in the Americas, Asia, Europe, and Africa. He is fluent in Dutch, English, and French, and conversational in Afrikaans.