Martin is a senior strategic leader with extensive experience in consulting clients and businesses on culture change, exposure reduction strategies, safety management, and risk assessment needs. He has more than 30 years of exceptional experience consulting and coaching leaders at all levels on creating a culture of commitment rather than compliance. He is experienced across multiple industries including, Oil and Gas, Chemical, Pharmaceutical, Food, Maritime, Transport and Ground Handling in 40+ countries. As a highly regarded international speaker on Serious Injury and Fatality (SIF) prevention strategies, culture change and safety leadership, Martin provides leaders and companies with effective leadership and personal development needs to improve business operations.
- Led a major project to create a 5 year culture change strategy for a major Ground Handling organization which worked in 20 airports over 5 continents . The accepted approach included creating a governance structure, providing coaching for all levels of management (CEO down to 1st line supervisor) as well as consulting on SIF strategies;
- Designed and rolled out bespoke safety improvement programs for major oil and gas, paper, pharmaceutical, shipping and automotive manufacturing companies since 1997;
- Trusted advisor to many corporate safety professionals.
He has extensive global experience of consulting in the areas of:
- Executive and leadership coaching
- Serious Injury and Fatality prevention
- Applying lessons from neuroscience to safety improvement
- Root-cause analysis
- Culture change
- Behavior-based safety intervention