Thomas Meier is an Executive Consultant with experience across Europe, the Middle East and Africa. Thomas has been providing consulting services related to safety culture, workplace and process safety, operational excellence and strategy development for over 15 years.
During his career, Thomas led teams in multiple countries and acted as Process Safety Practice Leader EMEA with focus on the refining and chemical industries.
- Thomas worked for 15 years in senior and leadership roles for one of the largest international chemical enterprises.
- Thomas’ clients cover a variety of industries, including utilities, refining, oil & gas, chemical, pharmaceutical, engineering/construction, metal & mining and telecommunication.
- Thomas has been acting as Lead Consultant and Director/Partner for many successful projects including culture transformation at a key German electric utilities company, and transmission system operators, as well as projects at the worlds largest steel manufacturer and a Germany based international chemical firm. These engagements resulted in significant reduction (up to 90%) of incidents over multiple years.
- From 2012 to 2016, Thomas engaged in personal safety and process safety transformations with key oil & gas players in Saudi Arabia, Abu Dhabi and Turkey, leaving these companies with strong, resilient approaches to mitigation of major incidents together with the required organizational culture and leadership skills to drive improvement. During two operational excellence engagements in Saudi Arabia and Turkey, Thomas and his team delivered major bottom line improvements through process redesign, functional skill building and improved leadership capabilities.
- Thomas worked on more then 50 client engagements, in some cases over a period of several years. He delivered assessments, consulted executives in the design of transformation strategies, facilitated leadership and training workshops and delivered individual coaching.
- Thomas is very passionate about safety. A key motivation in working with clients is to help save the lives of people and reduce the risk of major incidents. Thomas’ communication and facilitation skills combined with his commitment and deep intercultural knowledge make him very effective in supporting people in the process of culture transformation.